Are you preparing for the SAT test 2018? SAT is one of the most sought-after standardized tests which is required for getting admission in the different UG courses given by different universities of the United States of America & other countries. Every year, thousands of young aspirants take up the SAT exam to achieve their dreams of getting admission in some of the most prestigious UG colleges & universities in the US & other countries. The SAT is a global-level college admission test which is administered by the College Board and allows the high school students from different countries to pursue their UG courses from some of the most reputed colleges in the world.
If you are sitting for the SAT 2018, then here are some important pointers you must look into:
- The SAT exam is held for testing the skills of candidates that have been taught to them in their respective high school classrooms. These include reading, writing, and Mathematics.
- There are three main sections to the SAT exam including the reading, writing, and Mathematics sections. The critical reading section involves sentence completions and reading passages. The writing section involves writing a short essay & various MCQs. The Mathematics section consists of topics like Geometry, Algebra, Probability, Arithmetic Operations, and others.
- The exam duration of SAT 2018 will be of 3 hours & 45 minutes.
- The overall duration of the exam will be divided into further sub sections. There would be a 25-minute essay, six 25-minute reading, writing & Mathematics, two 20-minute reading, writing, & Mathematics, and a 10-minute MCQ section.
- Each section of the SAT exam will be scored on the point scale of 200 to 800 marks for the maximum possible total points of 2400.
- The students will receive 2 sub-scores on the exam’s writing section, a score in the range 20-80 in the MCQ section, and the score range of 2-12 points on the essay section.
- The students can take the SAT exam twice.
- The SAT along with the SAT subject tests are held six times in a year in India. These are usually held in the months of January through December. The dates for the SAT test are declared by the College Board much in advance. The students need to keep checking the test dates on the official website of the College Board to not miss it out.
- The registration for the SAT test and the respective SAT Subject tests can be done online through the official website of the College Board. The deadline for registering oneself is usually 4 weeks before the given Sat test date.
- In the current scenario, there are 40 test centers in India that organize the SAT tests. As such, the candidates make the rightmost choice of the test center as per their convenience.
Make the best of the SAT 2018 by learning some important facts about the same. Good luck for SAT 2018!